We often use honey as a natural sweetener for tea, pancakes, salads, and sandwiches. Eating honey is beneficial for our health because it can promote energy, control blood sugar, can cure insomnia, help in weight loss and improve digestion, etc.
Along with its many health benefits, honey is also very good for beauty purposes. Packed with a powerful punch of antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory, properties, honey can improve your skin in many ways.
DELAYS SKIN AGING
Being a good source of antioxidants, honey protects your skin from the cell damage due to free radicals. Free radicals can contribute to the aging process and form wrinkles, fine lines, crows feet and even sagging skin. Honey keeps the skin well-hydrated, is one of the secrets behind glow and youthful skin.
- Mix well the equal amount of raw honey and fresh lemon juice. Apply it to your face and neck area, let it dry on its own, then rinse it with lukewarm water. Use this anti-aging skin treatment once or twice a week.
- Alternatively, mix 2 teaspoons of each raw honey and avocado pulp properly. Using your fingers, spread this mix on your face and neck. Leave it for at least 30 minutes, then rinse it with lukewarm water. Use this face mask once a week.
REMOVES WRINKLES AND FADES SCARS
It any shape or form, marks on the skin is ugly to look at. If the mark is on a visible body part, then many people will find ways to get rid of it as soon as possible. When the scars are difficult to treat, you can use honey to lighten them and reduce their appearance.
Honey enhances tissue regeneration and helps to repair skin cells. All these factors work together to tarnish the marks and remove fine wrinkles.
- Mix honey and extra virgin coconut or olive oil in equal proportion.
- Massage the mixture on the scarred area using a circular motion for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover it with a clean cloth soaked in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Once the cloth is cold, remove it and wipe the honey+oil mix off the skin.
- Use this treatment 2-3 times in a week.