The “canary seed” is a healthy seed that is commonly used to feed birds. It can also be consumed by humans as it contains amino acids and enzymes that are great for the body.
The “canary seed”, also known as birdseed, contains lipase, an enzyme that can ease digestion and break down fat cells so they can be easily absorbed in the intestines. The lipase enzyme has an important nutritional value and reduces the symptoms of indigestion and celiac disease.
Nutritional facts and health benefits of birdseed
- It can recharge enzymes
- The protein in birdseed is very easily digested and harmless to humans
- The seed contains diverse vegetable proteins
- It’s a strong antioxidant that can slow down the aging process and tighten your skin
- Birdseed can regenerate the pancreas and stop diabetes
- The enzymes in the “canary seed” are a natural remedy which can reduce internal swelling
- It can prevent atherosclerosis
- The birdseed recharges kidney enzymes and eliminates the excess fluid from the body
- It can regulate high blood pressure
- It can help with arthritis, stomach ulcers, gout and edema
- Birdseed helps with obesity and swollen abdomen
- The seed works great against cellulite
- Birdseed eliminates cirrhosis by increasing hepatocytes in the liver which also helps reduce inflammation
- The lipase enzyme cleans the fats that build up in the blood vessels
- The seed is a great appetizer
- It contains emollient properties
- It contributes to abdominal toning
- The birdseed helps melt fat and reduces cholesterol levels
- It can treat kidney and gallbladder problems by killing the bacteria that resides in the urinary tract
Milk birdseed – recipe
Put 5 tablespoons of birdseed in water and leave them to soak overnight. Strain the mixture in the morning and blend the birdseed. Add some soy milk, fruit or honey optionally, but never add sugar to it.
This birdseed drink is very nutritious and is a great way to start your day as it boosts the energy levels. As you can see, birdseed is very beneficial, and you should incorporate it in your diet right away.