Defining muscles means burning the fat that covers them i.e reducing the consumption of fats. Cardio workout, weigthlifting and balanced diet will help you reach this goal.
Change your diet
1) Created a small caloric deficit in order to motivate your body to burn the existing fats and that way help define muscles. Take in less calories than you burn so that the overall intake doesn’t surpass your weight multiplied by 26 or 30. For example, if you weigh 68 kilos your daily intake of calories should be between 1800 and 2100 calories.
2) Have more smaller meals a day to speed up your metabolism and burn fat constantly. Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to help the body cleansing process and also supply your body with water.
3) Eat healthy and versatile food with a lot of fruits and vegetables, low-fat proteins, dairy products, whole-wheat bread, pasta and rice, and reduce the intake of processed food, sweets and high-calorie products.
Cardio and weight-lifting workout
1) Do some resistance exercises because they are the best for giving strength. Start with low resistance and gradually increase it to go above pain treshold. If do weight-lifting, do it with dumbbells, and use the weights only for smaller loads.
2) At least 30 minutes a week do some gymnastics, push-ups, crunches, sit-ups and weight-lifting for every group of muscles that require great strength. This is cited in the President’s Council on Fitnes, Sports and Nutrition. Each of these exercises requires at least 20 minutes a week in order to gain proper muscular strength.
3) Include versatile cardio program in your workout such as running, cycling and swimming. It will speed up your metabolism and make your exercising less monotonous and boring.