Flaxseeds is an important part of many healthy eating regimens. They promote your overall health and protect your body from a long list of diseases and illnesses. Have you ever wanted to know what would happen to your body if you started eating flaxseeds every day?
They’re rich in oil rich in omega-3, digestible proteins, and lignans. Flaxseeds are among the richest sources of α-linolenic acid oil and lignans, but they’re also an essential source of high quality protein and soluble fiber and possess a considerable potential as a source of phenolic compounds. Many people refer them to as super-food!
Here are some of the benefits if you start consuming flaxseeds every day for a month:
- It’s abundant in omega 3 fatty acids which have an amazing effect on your overall health
- Flaxseed can lower your bad cholesterol levels by 50%
- It can lower your triglycerides too, by 25-60%
- In addition to lowering your cholesterol and triglycerides, flaxseeds prevents the onset of diabetes by regulating your blood sugar levels
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil contain as much omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids as half a kilogram of fish
- Flaxseed is rich in fibers so it’s effective against constipation and helps digestion
- The lignans in flaxseed that we already mentioned before possess preventative properties against cancer, cardiovascular diseases and osteoporosis. They also reduce inflammation and ease the effects of arthritis and lupus
- It can also stimulate weight loss since it actually extends the feeling of satiety
This is only a short list of the most important benefits flaxseeds can have on your overall health. Start consuming them right away and improve your health, as well as your well-being!