If you visit your dentist often, then you probably know about the conditions which appear in your mouth. There is a condition affecting the gums which appears when the tissue of the gum around the teeth corrodes and it looks like your gums recede backwards. It’s called receding gums.
A big part of your teeth becomes visible and the line between the gum line and the teeth becomes bigger. This space suddenly becomes an excellent spot for bacteria growth. It usually causes big pain and sensitivity of the teeth. In some very serious cases, people may even lose their teeth!
This problem appears slowly and gradually and unfortunately, leaves many people unaware that they have it. One of the first and most common signs is that your teeth become very sensitive and larger than before. You may also feel tooth pain and sensitivity.
Several common reasons can cause receding gums: gum disease, periodontal diseases, lack of oral hygiene, hormone imbalance, piercing your tongue, genes, smoking, aggressive brushing, etc.
In case you suspect that you have this problem, visit your dentist as soon as possible. Sometimes, in serious cases, doctors even recommend root planning, tooth scaling or even a surgery to repair the damage.
In this article, we’re going to present you several remedies in case you want to prevent this condition and with that, avoid surgery:
- Drink a cup of green tea every morning. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties and it will lower the swelling of the gums that cause oral diseases.
- –Use Aloe Vera gel for brushing or like a mouthwash.
- –Try oil pulling. It can reduce plaque buildups and destroy the toxins present in your mouth.
- – Massage your gums using eucalyptus. It will stimulate the growth of new gums and it will prevent receding gums.
- –Use powdered myrrh. Apply it on your toothbrush and massage your gums.
- – Massage your gums using clove oil three times a day.
- –Prepare some homemade lemon oil by mixing half a cup of olive oil and a fresh squeezed lemon. Make the mixture and leave it to rest for three weeks. After this time massage, use this homemade oil to massage your gums.
You should always use proper oral hygienein order to prevent receding gums, brush your teeth along your gum line, use a soft brush, don’t use aggressive brushing, etc. You must brush your teeth after every meal!It will help you get rid of the toxins from your mouth and body. You will flush out any germs and bacteria in your mouthwhich will help you prevent receding gums. Your mouth will be clean and you will stop the bacteria grow. You can also help yourself to treat receding gums with some vitamin C, calcium, zinc, coenzyme Q10 and ginkgo biloba!