When Hitoshi Watanabe first published this diet in his book, he became a worldwide sensation. And no wonder why, with only a little effort and no special changes to your diet, you might be able to lose up to 10 pounds in just a week.
Moreover, people claim that this diet doesn’t require you to make any special changes to your life. On the contrary, it is quite simple. When you wake up in the morning, you should drink a glass of room temperature water and eat only bananas.
That’s it! This astonishing idea came from Watanabe. He struggled to lose weight in the past, so he decided to record his experiences and write down about all the diets he tried. Furthermore, his wife Sumiko was a pharmacist.
She had a lot of experience and scientific knowledge that she gained while she was researching in the field of preventive medicine. With her guidance and knowledge, they created a new method which was more efficient than anything else they have tried before.
This method was the Morning Banana Diet. Thus, the people who hated gyms and sweat decided to try this diet out. After all, Watanabe’s first goal and ideal way of losing weight were to avoid exercising.
He considered it torture. As a result, other people followed in his footsteps and tried the diet to get rid of some of the calories. After all, all they had to do was eat bananas and drink water in the morning. However, there is a catch.
You can’t eat anything else until your lunch.
Bananas are full of resistant starch which can stimulate the body to lose some weight. But, not all starches have the same effect. There are two categories, resistant and digestible starch. The resistant one doesn’t dissolve in the intestine and stacks in the large intestine.
As a result, a fermentation process begins. What contributes to a healthy gastrointestinal tract is the bacteria. It turns resistant starch into short-chain fatty acids and feeds the cells.
How Many Bananas Should You Eat?
The best thing about this morning diet is that you don’t have to restrict yourself from eating as many bananas as you’d like. All you have to do is eat enough that will keep you full. As the Japanese rule of 80/20 states, you should never overeat.
Make sure you don’t overload your stomach and eat as much as you need to keep you full. There must always be a limit. So what is this 80/20 number? Well, the Japanese believe that you should only eat 80% and leave the rest 20% as a space in your stomach.
This way, you will never feel full, and you will give your body the necessary time to process all the food you consumed. Plus, make sure you drink warm water in the morning if you want to stimulate your metabolism.
After an hour, you can eat the banana. But, if you are still hungry, wait 20 minutes and eat another banana. However, make sure they are raw. Otherwise, this diet won’t work. Watanabe claims that, for better results, you should avoid alcohol and milk during your diet.
Moreover, your last meal should be at 8 pm, not after that. Also, you need to go to bed early, not past midnight if you want to battle obesity properly. For lunch and dinner, you can eat anything, and between meals consume some fruit.
What Makes This Diet Special?
- To balance your blood glucose and appetite make sure you drink coffee
- Bananas are highly affordable; therefore you won’t need to spend a lot of money on highly expensive products
- Don’t eat after 8 pm if you want to reduce the cravings and balance the weight
- This might be a good way of getting rid of cellulite
- It is super-healthy
- Drink a glass of water at room temperature to boost your metabolism
- Bananas contain a lot of potassium and fiber which can increase energy
- If you eat a regular breakfast, you can stop your body from eating too much, and you can boost your metabolism
If you found this diet helpful, make sure to share it with family and friends and tell us your results!